Cottage cheese can be used for a variety of recipes beyond just being a side or topped with fruit. Many people who love scrambled eggs know that shredded cheese can take scrambled eggs to the next level. Add some spices, onions, or chives and you have a simple but tasty first meal of the day. Instead of the classic shredded cheese, we have substituted it for cottage cheese to create a healthier take on classic scrambled eggs with cheese.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs cracked in a small bowl
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tomato, sliced if in season (optional)
- Heat a medium sauce pan to slightly above medium heat. Add the 4 cracked eggs and the butter.
- Grab a spatula and stir the ingredients regularly until the eggs are sightly firm. Stir in the cottage cheese, chives, salt, and pepper. Cook until eggs are set.
- Remove eggs from heat immediately and serve with sliced tomato (optional).