It almost goes without saying that the number of ice cream flavors that start with ‘Z’ are scarce. Nonetheless, these are the legitimate flavors you can find out there. Although, most are not flavors you’ll find everyday at most grocery stores.
- Zebra Cakes – It’s a Little Debbie ice cream flavor made with vanilla ice cream, pound cake pieces, and chocolate swirl.
- Zebra Stripes – This is a limited available flavor of United Dairy Farms made with Madagascar vanilla ice cream with chocolate fudge swirls. At the time of this article, proceeds from the sale of this ice cream go to the Cincinnati Zoo.
- Zinfandel – A creamy ice cream base that is flavored with Zinfandel wine. Tucker’s Ice Cream, for example, makes it with a creamy base, Zinfandel wine, and chocolate chips.
- Zucchini – This flavor is typically made with grated zucchini and is certainly not a mainstream flavor.
- Zucchini Bread – This flavor has the components of zucchini bread such as zucchini, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a creamy base. Some varieties have actually pieces of the bread worked into the ice cream.