Image Credit – Personal Creations/flickr
Q: Does Baileys have dairy?
When most people think of Baileys, the popular Baileys Original Irish Cream comes to mind. As you likely already guessed by the word “Cream” in its name, this product contains dairy. In addition to Irish whiskey, spirits, and chocolate & vanilla flavors as ingredients, this liqueur is also made with Irish dairy cream. Baileys Original Irish Cream has milk and milk products that include lactose.
However, Baileys makes several other liqueurs other than Original Irish Cream. Here is a list of these products and whether or not they contain dairy:
- Baileys Almande – This spirit is made with almondmilk and real vanilla. It is dairy-free with an allergy warning for soy and almond. It has 13% alcohol/volume.
- Baileys Salted Caramel – It is a blend of Baileys Orginal Irish Cream with the taste of caramel. This liqueur has dairy because it contains milk and milk product. It has 17% alcohol/volume.
- Baileys Strawberries & Cream – As you likely guessed from its name, this Baileys product has dairy. It is made with Baileys Orginal Irish Cream and the flavors of strawberry & vanilla with other ingredients. It has 17% alcohol/volume.
- Baileys Espresso Creme – Yes, this one has dairy also from milk and milk products. It is a mix of Original Baileys Irish Cream and real coffee flavor with other flavors. It has 17% alcohol/volume.
- Baileys Red Velvet – This is a limited edition product so it may not be available when you are reading this article. However, it does contain dairy due to the ingredients of milk and milk products. It has 17% alcohol/volume.
- Baileys Apple Pie – A combination of apple pie a la mode and Irish dairy creme is what describes this liqueur. The Irish cream ingredient means that this product contains dairy. It has 17% alcohol/volume.
- Baileys Deliciously Light – Despite this light liqueur having less sugar and calories, it still has dairy. Cocoa, vanilla, and cream from Ireland are what describe this beverage. It has 16.1% alcohol/volume.
- Baileys Vanilla Cinnamon – Yet another Baileys product that contains dairy. It is described as a mix of vanilla ice cream and a cinnamon swirl bun. Yum! It has 17% alcohol/volume.
- Baileys Chocolate Cherry – The classic combination of chocolate and cherry is the flavor of this liqueur. It contains milk and milk products, therefore, it has dairy. It has 17% alcohol/volume.
- Baileys Colada – This is a limited edition Bailey liqueur that is a combination of Irish cream with the flavors of coconut and pineapple. It has dairy. It has also 17% alcohol/volume.
Your only option is Baileys Almande if you want to avoid dairy but still enjoy a Baileys liqueur. All other products listed above contain dairy. Given the recent popularity of dairy alternatives and dairy-free diets, we wouldn’t be surprised to see more Bailey dairy-free products in the future.